Traveling to Great Lakes Naval Station
Great Lakes Naval Station is located to the north of Chicago adjacent to
Waukegan, IL on the shores of Lake Michigan. If you are utilizing a Global Positioning System (GPS)
please input the following address:
3355 Illinois Street
Great Lakes, IL 60088
From the south (Chicago):
- Take the Kennedy Expressway/I-90/I-94 WEST toward Wisconsin.
- At the I-90/I-94 split, stay to the left and take the Edens Expressway/I-94 NORTH toward Wisconsin.
- Take Exit 29 (left) for US 41 NORTH for approximately 12 miles.
- Turn right on Buckley Road/IL 137 EAST. The entrance to RTC is 1.3 miles ahead on the right.
From the north (Wisconsin):
- Take I-94 SOUTH.
- Exit (left) for US 41 SOUTH just beyond the Wisconsin/Illinois border.
- Continue south on US 41 for approximately 15 miles.
- Turn left on Buckley Road/IL 137 EAST. The entrance to RTC is 1.3 miles ahead on the right.
From O’Hare International airport:
- Take the Tri-State Tollway/I-294 North for 13 miles.
- I-294 will merge with the Edens Expressway/I-94. Continue heading North for approximately 11 miles.
- Exit at Buckey Road/I-137.
- Turn right on Buckley Road/IL 137 EAST. The entrance to RTC is 3 miles ahead on the right.
Great Lakes Naval Station is served by 3 airports. Travel from the airports is via four lane divided highway or shuttle service. Airport shuttle service from O'Hare International and Chicago Midway Airports can be obtained from Airport Express. Airport Express may be contacted by calling 1-888-284-3826.
- Chicago O’Hare International is located 30 miles from RTC, approximately a 40-minute drive.
- Chicago Midway is located 45 miles from RTC, approximately a 70-minute drive.
- Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International is located 50 miles from RTC, approximately an hour drive.